PADI Drift Diver Specialty
The PADI Drift Diver specialty is one of the most popular and beneficial specialties PADI have to offer. Most of the diving in the UK needs you to be aware of currents and how to dive safely in them. Whether you are doing an actual drift dive, part of the dive as a drift or a mobile decompression stop a good understanding of techniques and procedures used is essential. The PADI Drift Diver specialty provides an overview of methods with knowledge development.
Swanage Diving runs the PADI Drift Diver specialty throughout the dive season so if it’s a sedate glide or a tumble across the ocean floor Swanage Diving can provide the type of dive you are looking for. With Peveril Ledges, Old Harry and Swanage Bay at its disposal there is ample choice for good drift diving. At Swanage Diving we build on the framework set down by PADI to ensure you get value for money and more importantly the right type of instruction for the conditions you will be diving in.
Also added to the course is delayed SMB use or SMB use when drift diving. This is an essential skill needed for drift diving especially in the UK. Most dive boats won’t let you dive unless you have a SMB and know how to use it.
- Must be a PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation) and be at least 12 years old
- Planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving
- An introduction to drift diving equipment -- floats, lines, reels
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating!
Equipment can be provided at an extra cost.
For more information please contact Swanage Diving