Discover Local Diving
This program is designed to meet your needs as a diver. It is my main aim to encourage divers to dive here in the UK. I have instructed and dived in a variety of locations around the world including GBR Australia, Maldives, Thailand, Central America and, of course, here in the UK. I understand the problems divers face when they try to dive in the UK. One of the problems is the cold. Believe it or not the sea temperature here in Swanage reached 19c this summer. Another problem is the visibility. This just adds to the challenge and highlights the smaller inhabitants of our seas. The visibility can reach up to 10-15m.
The Discover Local Diving program is for divers who -
- have trained in other environments and would like advice and guidance on techniques used for UK scuba diving
- would like to try scuba diving in the UK
- need the reassurance of an experienced instructor close at hand
- want to improve their scuba diving skills
- would like a proper scuba diving orientation of the area
- would like to scuba dive with experienced divers of the area
- would like to learn how to scuba dive safely in the UK
- would like their questions answered
The program can be tailored to meet your needs and experience from novice to experienced. Options can vary.
Swanage Diving offers -
- advice on equipment needed to dive safely in the UK
- an introduction to safe diving practices and techniques used in the UK
- an introduction of diving in the Swanage and Portland area
- shore dives in the Swanage and Portland area
- boat dives in the Swanage and Portland area
- a variety of different types of dive (boat, shore, drift, night, wreck, reef, pier, deep)
- thorough briefings of the dive site, tidal movements and environmental considerations
- safe dive leading
- feedback on divers ability and technique at the end of the session if wanted
Check out the divesitedirectory for more information on divesites in the UK.
Please contact us at Swanage Diving for more advice and information